Livepeer Delta Phase Pre-Proposal - Sustainability, Public Goods Funding, Treasury, and Decentralization

Thanks for putting this proposal together @dob , much appreciated.

I agree Livepeer needs a DAO treasury, but I disagree it should be funded by inflation.

I think Livepeer Inc should make this allocation retroactively to fund this (or at least partially), because there should have been a DAO treasury since genesis (I know it’s easy to say in hindsight). The fact that this was not done should not be paid for by community members who didn’t have a say in the genesis of the protocol nor out of pocket from those running the network for years now, especially not if the issues mentioned in the recent forum thread about current protocol issues aren’t resolved first. What the impact is on investors who invested in Livepeer Inc through equity and saw it as an indirect token investment at discount is not the community’s problem honestly.

How the DAO + treasury should be governed is less of a concern to me, however if it is expected that the community funds this from their inflation then this should be fully community owned with Livepeer Inc being able to make recommendations from the experience with the grants program.

1 Like