Update on Livepeer testnet
- Goal: launch the protocol on the main net, so we can get the tokens into people’s hands.
- Challenge: protocol needs to be secure. In Ethereum, it’s hard to upgrade.
- What we are doing: we are on v3 of the test network.
- Test network demo
- Using the CLI, you can now view the protocol status and interact with the Livepeer protocol
- In testnet v1, it took about a week worth of rounds until the protocol got stuck due to a bug
- In testnet v2, it ran a week and got stuck because the inflation rate was too high (due to a bad initial parameter)
- In testnet v3, things look pretty good so far.
- We’ll continue to do this and battle test the network. When we are confident, we’ll launch the network in the public Ethereum network.
- Finished Ethereum payment
- On going - tooling to observe test network behavior
- Next step - internal audit
- We have a explorer!
- Shows testnet contract information
- Integrates with Metamask (so you can switch between accounts and networks)
- Shows “profile view” for any ethereum address (token balance, job history, etc)
- Do transactions (transfer tokens, request from faucet, etc)
- We have a studio in Berlin!
- We are inviting artists and musicians to come perform at the studio, all of the content is streamed into the Livepeer testnet (accessible at livepeer.tv)
- They are already getting tips in Eth for their live streams!
- We need to make Livepeer more resilient
- We are hosting a Livepeer Meetup in Berlin on 1/31!