Staking and rewards

Hi, I started using Livepeer about a year ago and used the Classic Explorer wallet. I found an Orchestrator and delegated my initial LPT via Metamask and added further LPT as and when it was appropriate. Previously, I was able to see the amount of LPT that existed in my account and also the amount of LPT I could claim and delegate, which was added to my portfolio total. I have not invested further LPT for some time now, and when I tried to access the Classic Explorer page, it had been removed. I then tried the Livepeer Explorer page and found the new layout. However, the format has changed and all I can see
under my profile is my staked balance and rewards earned all time. If I go to the History and see the staked and claimed earnings, I cannot fathom out what I am supposed to see with this information. Are any of the Rounds shown available for me to claim or is it done automatically for me? Have I missed any rounds? I can’t make sense of this and probably it’s due to my lack of understanding, but can I get an idiots guide on how to view and use this site. Thank you.

To the replies I have received to my email, a big “Thank You”. The Explorer page now has been altered and my rewards have been added automatically as suggested by one of the replies.

1 Like

Well done Roger, and thanks for making some noise in the forum!

It’s great to hear the honest and open feedback from Livepeer’s longer-term stakers… and if this is what you are experiencing, then likely there are others.

Thank you for your involvement so far.

I would like some advice on how to proceed with the withdrawal of my LPT. I originally staked my LPT to an Orchestrator and have been satisfied with my investment. Recently I decided to unstake and withdraw my LPT. I waited the 7-day lockdown period, and now they are released. I presumed that at the end of this period I would have my LPT in the Livepeer wallet and would be able to transfer them back to my MetaMask wallet. However, the LPT wallet now shows that they have to be unstaked. On clicking this link, my MetaMask wallet indicated that my LPT was to be transferred to an address which was different to my LPT address associated with the Livepeer wallet. I cancelled the transaction, as I was concerned my LPT would be lost. My MetaMask address is 0x50375458dAEb8ad0A3022FCC56F40c8Ea93D9117, but the address that my LPT was to be sent to was 0x511Bc4556D823Ae99630aE8de28b9B80Df90eA2e If I send my LPT to this address, where are they held, and how do I get them back in to my MetaMask wallet, so that I can exchange them for another crypto coin which I hold in my Ledger. I would appreciate any help you can offer or advise who may have the answer to this problem on this forum.

Withdrawing your LPT after unbonding is a contract interaction. So you’re calling ManagerProxy | 0x511bc4556d823ae99630ae8de28b9b80df90ea2e which is a Livepeer contract that will handle the withdrawal for you. What you’re seeing in Metamask is that YOU will send a transaction to that contract that will in return send back the LPT to your wallet.
Here is an example of a withdrawal tx: Ethereum Transaction Hash (Txhash) Details | Etherscan
As you can see the users sent a tx to the 0x511 contract which then transferred the LPT to the user.

So everything is correct - and great that you’re checking back instead of blindly signing a transaction :slight_smile:

@vires-in-numeris If a delegator unstakes from an orchestrator, but doesn’t with withdraw their tokens for 30 days instead of the 7 rounds, does the delegator continue to receive inflationary LPT until they withdraw the tokens or do the rewards stop when they unstake?

Thank you so much for the reply, and you have put my mind at rest. I believe from memory that because I cancelled the initial transaction, I may have incurred ETH fees. Anyway, thanks again for such a great service and to all that took the trouble to read my problem.

The rewards stop when the unbonding tx is confirmed

@Roger You’re welcome!

1 Like