Telegram Bot: Transcoder-Watcher

New feature for the bot:
Get a transcoders reward cut changes & reward call history for the past 100 rounds

The reward cut is an important metric of a transcoder. One of the main goals of the Telegram Bot was to Increase transparency by notifying users when a transcoder changes its reward cut.
But something that a lot of stakers would like to know before they bond to a transcoder is its history: How often did the transcoder change its reward cut? How reliable did the transcoder claim the rewards in the past?

To answer those questions and to further increase the transparency for the stakers, I’ve added a “history” function to the bot. By sending “history” followed by the transcoder address, the bot will show you the reward cut changes and the reliability of the transcoder (in terms of its reward calls) for the past 100 rounds! As always, I’m including as many transaction links as possible - so you don’t have to trust me and can check the information the bot is providing for yourself.

Some screenshots:

Thanks to all the users of the bot and for those that support me by bonding to my transcoder!

If you get/find errors or get wrong information, please contact me here or on discord!

Some technical stuff for those who are interested:
Pulling 100 rounds (576’000 block) of data directly from the blockchain each time a user requests the history take a little bit too long. So I’ve done this for every active transcoder at round 1311. Since then, a script updates the history file with new data as soon as a round is over. Like this, the request are much faster and I also have a nice collection of transcoder history for some data analysis :slight_smile: