After a break last week, the weekly development update is back! It’s a bit shorter than usual since one of the devs is out this week - but that gives you time to check out (and share!) this awesome Livepeer Primer!
Last week’s progress:
- Integrated transaction filler and faucet services into network deployment tooling
- Implemented basic payment metrics reporting from nodes
- Created Grafana dashboard templates to visualize basic payment metrics including error reporting (see Screenshots)
- Built an installer for the Livepeer Wowza plugin to assist on onboarding users
- Work on HTTP segment ingest into go-livepeer for backing such a plugin (as well as a variety of other non-RTMP input cases)
This week’s priorities:
- Begin implementing a more reliable and robust block/event watcher architecture for the node
- Implement fixes for bugs surfaced during e2e payment workflow testing including a race condition with asynchronous redemption of multiple tickets that causes transaction failure and an issue with minimum credit requirement checks for the first segment of a stream
- Ship v0.0.2 of LivepeerWowza
- Lots of testing and iteration past that point
Some screenshots of the payment dashboard:
Please let us know if you have feedback about the content and/or format of the update - we would love to hear from you. You can comment here or find us on Discord, thank you!