Transcoder Campaign: Chainflow Transcoder

Welcome to this week’s Chainflow Livepeer Transcoder update. This week we stayed in active mode but dropped to #15 from #12 in the list of top 20 transcoders.

• Current LPT Stake - 6779.59 LPT

• Last Week’s LPT Stake - 14818.11 LPT

• % change - 23% decrease

My gratitude to everyone’s who’s delegated their LPT and trust to me to date!

(You can join us by bonding your LPT here.)

Here’s a summary of last week’s activity -

It felt like a week of contrasts. On one hand, I worked with Aaron from Bison Trails to get their LPT mining script working. I generated LPT at $0.44 testing the script.

You can use it too. Let me know if you have any trouble with it. Then consider delegating the mined LPT to me or one of the other transcoders.

The idea to run the script a few times. I’ll then stake the mined LPT to the Chainflow Livepeer Transcoder. My intention is to continue demonstrating I’m invested in Livepeer, along with the time and resources required to run the transcoder.

I also worked with Chris Hobcroft from Livepeer to draft a DAO use case for Livepeer transcoders. If you didn’t already know, I’m the full-time product manager at Aragon One. We’re the first core team building the Aragon Project.

The Aragon Project builds tools that empower people build DAO’s. My intention is to run a transcoder using a DAO too. So I’m feeling very excited about Chris moving the idea forward and helping him do it.

But with my head down testing the script and working on the use case, I missed calling two reward rounds. I’m feeling frustrated and disappointed in myself for letting this happen. Then I noticed the Chainflow Livepeer Transcoder stake dropped over 55%.

Ouch and ouch.

I have a tendency to be my own worst critic. Moments like this remind me of that tendency.

I’m not sure why the stake dropped so much. I wasn’t able to track it back through the Supermax stats. Yondon from Livepeer’s helping me do this. Stay tuned for an update.

My priorities this week are to -

• Call all rewards!
  • Figure out where the stake went
  • Setup monitoring

Regarding the latter, I’ve asked the virtual assistant service I use to check reward calls every day for me. This should prevent me from forgetting again, until I automate the monitoring system.

Here’s my short-list of near-term to-do’s -

• Implement automated monitoring solutions.
  • Figure out why we’re not receiving fees.
  • Run Livepeer as a systemd service.
  • Continue working my way through this very beneficial Livepeer DevOps post.
  • Study the Supermax stats.
  • Keep an eye on transcoding tests the Livepeer team is running.

Catch you next week. If you have any questions in the meantime, add a comment here or catch me in the Chainflow Livepeer Transcoder Telegram channel.

P.S. Want to join us? Please do by bonding your LPT here.