Transcoder Campaign: Livepool.io - Public transcoding pool

Dear amazing Livepeer community,

My name is Nico, some of you might have seen me around on Discord as member of the livepeer core team. After the Streamflow launch I decided to start my own orchestrator campaign with a sole purpose: create the first public livepeer transcoder pool, Livepool !

While transcoding pools have been a topic of discussion for some time to lower the barrier of entry for many users, there are no concrete efforts underway. Therefore I plan to focus personal time and resources in making this a reality through an iterative approach.

The first steps have already been taken and the plan is to hack together an alpha version at ETHLondon 2020, for which I invite anyone in the community to join the effort !

Current Rates

• Fee cut - 10%
  • Reward cut - 5%
  • Price/Pixel - 45 wei/pixel

All commissions earned by the orchestrator will be spent towards infrastructure and operational costs as well as R&D of the transcoder pool.

Roadmap
Januari 2020 - Launch the orchestrator node and campaign fund the orchestrator with 2000 LPT.
Februari 2020 - Attach first GPU rig to the orchestrator running 2-3x Nvidia 2060 RTX
March 2020 - Release alpha version of the transcoder pool

Delegate to Livepool
Livepool.io in the Livepeer Explorer

1 Like

The januari milestone is now complete

Januari 2020 - Launch the orchestrator node and campaign fund the orchestrator with 2000 LPT.

Follow on twitter https://twitter.com/LivepoolCrypto !

Q1 Milestones update

January 2020 - Launch the orchestrator node and campaign fund the orchestrator with 2000 LPT.

DONE - Livepool.io self-delegated 3250 LPT in total

February 2020 - Attach first GPU rig to the orchestrator running 2-3x Nvidia 2060 RTX

DELAYED - We were able to get some cheap Nvidia GTX1070’s on our hands. The parts for the rig have been ordered but there has been some delay in shipment.

March 2020 - Release alpha version of the transcoder pool

ON TRACK - The spec has been completed and a first prototype will be built at ETHLondon !