Transcoder Campaign: Chainflow Transcoder

Chainflow Livepeer Transcoder Update - 11 January 2019

Welcome to the Chainflow Livepeer Transcoder update. I write these updates toward the middle and end of each month.

We are currently in active mode at #13 in the top 20 transcoder list.

• Current LPT Stake - 61879 LPT, of which 1400 or 2.3% are self-bonded
  • LPT Stake as of last update on 20 December 2018 - 50423 LPT
  • % change - 23% increase
  • Missed one reward round

All LPT I earn gets is bonded back to our transcoder. My gratitude to everyone’s who’s delegated their LPT and trust to me to date!

(You can join us by bonding your LPT here.)

Here’s what I did since the last update -

• Called all but one reward round. I missed round 1220.

As I shared in the Chainflow Livepeer Transcoder Telegram channel, I check rounds daily. That day I checked in the morning, then let more than 24 hours passed before checking again. As a result, I missed the round window. Again, I’m very sorry for this. It underscores the need for me to automate the work and setup monitoring, which I intend to do over the next few days.

The livepeer software has also been crashing, due to a bug I reported to the team a while ago. This means I often have to login manually to restart the process and call the round.

• Restarted the transcoder as necessary, when the reward round wasn’t called automatically
  • Updated the supplemental Livepeer Transcoder List I maintain
  • Reviewed Livepeer’s response to this Livepeer grant proposal to complete the Ethereum Name Service (ENS) Transcoder integration I submitted

My priorities over the next two weeks are to -

Here’s my short-list of near-term to-do’s -

• Complete the new transcoder build-out that I started a few weeks ago to support

• Automated monitoring and
    • Running Livepeer as a systemd service
  • Test the new transcoder, prior to migration

The planned migration will have no impact on existing delegates. The bonding process won’t change, either.

Catch you next week. If you have any questions in the meantime, add a comment here or catch me in the Chainflow Livepeer Transcoder Telegram channel.

P.S. Want to join us? Please do by bonding your LPT here.

1 Like