Weekly Update - 22 November 2018
Welcome to this week’s Chainflow Livepeer Transcoder update. This week we stayed in active mode at #13 in the top 20 transcoder list.
- Current LPT Stake - 45052.91 LPT, of which 753.59 or 1.67% are self-bonded
- LPT Stake as of last update on 9 November 2018 - 42665.25 LPT
- % change - 5.6% increase
- Called all reward rounds
All LPT I earn gets bonded back to our transcoder. My gratitude to everyone’s who’s delegated their LPT and trust to me to date!
(You can join us by bonding your LPT here.)
Here’s what I did since the last update -
- Called all rewards
- Restarted the transcoder as necessary, when the reward round wasn’t called automatically
- Took additional steps to secure the Chainflow Transcoder, particularly in light of the Tezos baker hack
- Updated the supplemental Livepeer Transcoder List I maintain
- Participated in the Streamflow release introduction call
- Started reviewing the Streamflow proposal
- Spoke with Raffi at Livepeer about how to -
- Start the project to run a Transcoder as a DAO
- Complete the ENS integration into Livepeer
My priorities this week are to -
- Calling all rewards!
- Continue the conversation with Raffi about -
- Developing a use case to run a Transcoder as an Aragon DAO
- Completing the Livepeer ENS integration. This will allow transcoders to have human readable names, replacing complicated ETH addresses. I helped kick-start this at the ENS Hackathon in August.
- Continue reviewing and commenting on the Streamflow proposal
Here’s my short-list of near-term to-do’s -
- Complete the new transcoder build-out that I started a few weeks ago to support
- Automated monitoring and
- Running Livepeer as a systemd service
- Test the new transcoder, prior to migration
- The planned migration will have no impact on existing delegates. The bonding process won’t change, either.
Catch you next week. If you have any questions in the meantime, add a comment here or catch me in the Chainflow Livepeer Transcoder Telegram channel.
P.S. Want to join us? Please do by bonding your LPT here.