Transcoder Campaign: @j1v

There is an active orchestrator with a lower non-zero fee cut of 0.5%, so I’m matching it as promised :

2 Likes

I came for the competitive reward cut, but stayed for the regular updates. Thanks for your work!

4 Likes

Reward cut has been lowered to 0.49% to match the new low-bidders, as promised.

Node has been offering the lowest non zero reward cut without a single missed reward since 372 blocks.

https://explorer.livepeer.org/accounts/0xd18a02647d99dc9f79afbe0f58f8353178e6141f/campaign

Thanks for your support.

4 Likes

Hi, I appreciate that you are willing to match the lowest reward cut but would recommend that you charge what you feel would help you keep maintaining the service for the long term (even if it means being higher than the lowest reward cut!). Ultimately quality is better appreciated than just price. All my LPT are bonded to you.
The fee cut that I see is confusing. Is it 1% or 99%? Any plans to have some of the fees routed through you?

Up to this moment maintaining the promised strategy never harmed the quality of the service.

If reward cut ever becomes insufficient to maintain the stability and quality I’ll consider changing it.

Now as there are free orchestrator seats, maybe I’ll stop matching the nodes with history less than a month or below some staking power or something like that for two reasons - giving them the chance to succeed in the long term and to prevent unnecessary reward cut changes overall.

As far as fees are concerned - I don’t have access to Nvidia cards but I run and support a fair amount of AMDs, so yes, as soon as AMDs become supported I’ll offer a quite capable transcoding power.

The current volume of transcoding jobs doesn’t make buying new cards or renting them a thing to consider. If it becomes higher before AMD support is released I could replace some of the AMD GPUs with Nvidia.

My opinion is fee cut doesn’t really matters at this moment yet.

2 Likes

Missed my first round - been terribly busy those few days and did not see the account ran out of eth for transaction fees.

current round’s reward are claimed manually after top up.

Next step is to set up alarms based on eth levels in the account.

Sorry about the missed reward.

2 Likes

It’s been a while since I did not have the time to deal with crypto, except for the most urgent tasks, like keeping the node up and running and taking care to not miss another round.

Transactions have become very expensive lately, so I’m matching the current lowest reward cut ( 1% ), as the last two months node has been running on a loss.

Node upgraded to the latest version.

Still offering the lowest reward cut at 1%, hopefully that’s going to be enough to keep up to the raised gas prices and high transaction cost.

At current gas price / lpt price I am basically paying double for txn fees than the reward received every day ( 3 LPT / ~5 USD vs 0.04 ETH / ~10 USD ). From what I am observing, the situation with gas prices is not going to change soon, so unfortunately I’ll have to raise the reward cut to 2%

Two days later the tax I payed for reward claim is 140% higher than the reward.

Unfortunately I’ll have to raise the reward once again, to 3% on short notice as I don’t want to be running a node on a loss.

Still offering one of the lowest reward cuts, and for sure all the nodes offering lower cuts are running on a great loss ( up to 0.02eth / day )

Thanks for staying with me

I’m starting to claim rewards manually by choosing the time window with the lowest gas prices.

Please ignore any alarms from the bots for the first hours of the 22h window.

After a couple of rounds I’ll be looking to automate that process if still needed.

2 Likes

Manual claim of rewards lowered the losses for a couple of rounds, before taxes went crazier one more time. Currently node is running on a huge loss again, so I have to rise the reward on a short notice again.

In the next round it will be raised to 10%

It looks like there is a chance that the gas price will hold at those levels for a while, so I have lowered the reward cut by half to 5%

Thanks to all the stakers !

As gas prise went crazy again, so I have to up the fees to 10% in the next round in order to stop loosing eth from transactions :frowning:

I see a lot of orchestrators have missed more than one round and find appropriate to mention that my node hasn’t missed a round event during the craziest gas prices and network congestions.

Thank you all for trusting me.

As the gas price has returned to somehow “normal” levels, I’m reducing the reward cut by half to 5%

Note that I’ve never missed a round even during the highest gas prices.

Thanks for staking.

P.S.: For those not following gas prices closely :

2 Likes

Lowering fee back to 2% - lowest at this time.

Currently top node in the leader board for Europe and second global.

Still offering the lowest fee cut and have only one single missed round for almost two years and not a single one lately even in the most expensive times to keep it going.

I need your support by staking in order to continue working and add dedicated GPU transcoders.

Made it to the MVP. Unlike other operational earnings, that I have to spend to keep the node running, those and all future grants will be kept staked.

Thanks for the support

Congrats :slight_smile: Well deserved

2 Likes