Hi community, here are this week’s updates from the development team. The focus is on payments between orchestrators and broadcasters, various transcoding tests & benchmarks to improve the reliability and Wowza & 3Box integrations.
Last week’s progress:
- Implemented orchestrator transcoded result processing to update a broadcaster’s balance based on the # of output pixels in the results (actual pixel counting is stubbed out for now and to be implemented in a few weeks)
- Added support for an orchestrator communicating the # of output pixels in results to a broadcaster
- Implemented broadcaster multi-ticket payment generation based on its current credit balance
- More benchmarking for the single O[rchestrator] based on the latest round of fixes
- Identified a few more bottlenecks for multi-GPU setups
- Prototyped HTTP segment ingest in the go client
- Research and prototyping of Wowza plugin
- Ongoing infrastructural work around a hosted Livepeer API
- 3Box profile display and edit working, including avatar upload
This week’s priorities:
- Implement orchestrator price validation to determine whether an expected price indicated by a broadcaster is acceptable
- Implement broadcaster validation for prices updated mid-stream with an orchestrator
- Add support for orchestrator price updates via the CLI
- Add metrics aggregation logic for the payment workflow between nodes
- Wrap up benchmarking for single O : evaluate performance of O with attached remote transcoders
- Make progress on the multi-GPU transcoding bottleneck
- Start planning for how to integrate external GPUs into network-wide testing
- Complete office GPU mining rig!
- Ship v1 of Wowza plugin
- Ship infrastructure necessary to support v1 of the Wowza plugin
- 3Box code cleanup + start of styling
Please let us know if you have feedback about the content and/or format of the update - we would love to hear from you. You can comment here or find us on Discord, thank you!