Pre-Proposal: Vrtuhub - Empowering Communities To Do More

Pre-Proposal: Pre-Proposal: Vrtuhub - Empowering Communities To Do More!

Funding Request: 1,250 LPT Tokens

Project Name: Vrtuhub Ltd

Project Website: (cant include as new user)
(slight issues with the S3 sever right now so images load slowly)

Brief Overview:

Vrtuhub is an emerging crypto-centric startup which solves the challenges many projects are facing when it comes to marketing and growth. We empower communities to get more involved in making these communities more relatable, integrated & credible.

What Vrtuhub lets you do:

Main

• Read blogs, tech reviews and other stories
  • Create custom player profiles
  • Represent projects in up coming esport events
  • Watch Live eSport events with real time chat

Team Dashboard

• Create, Enter and Manage eSport events
  • Create and Publish Blogs (rich text editor)
  • Publish tech reviews (rich text editor)
  • Represent their project through team banners

Intro

Crypto Communities are large, diverse and passionate about their tokens but are very limited on the level and type of marketing they can achieve. What Iā€™ve noticed is a bubble forming where crypto can only be introduced to other crypto communities or in-person web-3 events to improve networking but little is being done to increase adoption.

How is Vrtuhub Different

Vrtuhub is transforming community engagement by enabling individuals and teams to create blogs, conduct technology reviews, create & participate in esports events, and indirectly showcase their crypto projects for previously unattainable marketing opportunities.

One of the greatest challenges for these communities is the limited reach of crypto promotion, typically confined to interactions within the crypto sphere. This constraint often stems from a reluctance to alienate non-crypto audiences, especially amidst widespread scams and negative media coverage.

Vrtuhub addresses this challenge by leveraging the extensive networks, passionate ambassadors, and robust community infrastructures already established by crypto projects across platforms like Discord, Telegram, and Twitter. By empowering projects to self-promote and expand their reach by associating their projects with their own interests, hobbies and profession without resorting to dubious tactics or relying on external endorsements, Vrtuhub offers a comprehensive solution to enhance engagement and visibility.

Unlike traditional Web 2.0 communities, Web 3.0 boasts a vast and dynamic community brimming with untapped potential. Livepeer aims to harness this rich diversity, allowing individuals to showcase their expertise and interests while promoting their projects, thereby fostering a more inclusive and vibrant ecosystem."

For example, Livepeer could have a diverse community of professionals from various fields such as doctors, bankers, construction workers, and teachers, alongside tech enthusiasts, developers, gamers, musicians, and performers. By uniting such diverse talents and passions, Livepeer introduces a novel marketing angle previously unexplored.

Getting these individuals to create original content whilst representing you actually solves the biggest marketing challenges facing crypto.

Esports

Crypto communities are known for their diversity and passionate communities. These communities rally around tokens, and their enthusiasm can be harnessed in unique ways. eSports, the highly competitive world of skill-based video gaming, offers the ideal platform to channel this passion. eSports events consistently draw millions of viewers on platforms like YouTube and Twitch, and they provide a golden opportunity for brand exposure and engagement.

Vrtuhub aims to become a global eSports hub, offering a seamless approach to involvement for gamers, users, influencers, and projects. Our platform serves as a professional eSports profile builder, akin to LinkedIn for eSports. Crypto projects can establish community-backed eSports teams and organise virtual and in-person events, akin to Airbnb for eSports. Our goal is to simplify the process and make eSports accessible for projects looking to grow with us.

Currently giveaways are being handled in heavily botted with unengaging follow us on twitter, discord, like this and that etc and projects have become all too accustomed to this. Despite the low effort it takes to set this up and to have bots that flood the entries, projects donā€™t mind as they see value if BOTs make them appear much larger than they are :wink:

I find this counter intuitive, unethical and boringā€¦ Organising skill-based, competitive matches against the community or leveraging multiple communities for tournaments is not much more difficult and far more engaging.

Considering gamingā€™s universal appeal and the ease of matchmaking, competitive tournaments should be easily organised within communities. Broadcasting these events with professional commentary can turn them into exciting spectacles that everyone, regardless of participation, can enjoy and support.

How it works

I am not asking you to sponsor an existing eSports team, I ask you to create your own community driven eSports team and invite your vast community members to apply for the different games and genres out there. CSGO, SIM racing, League of Legends etc. We could call it the ā€œLivepeer Smash Karts Cupā€ etc and have various projects enter that tournament and broadcast it live with commentary.

There are a handful of projects out there already that have a gaming lounge on discord and they do a games night with their community members (with little to no marketing), these people play for free. They might play some fall guy and 20 people join. This cost them nothing but time, the ones organising these community gaming nights enjoy doing it and just want to play and interact with their community. They may stream it, itā€™s something they enjoy.

Now letā€™s expand this, your project wants to play some fall guy, but instead of only inviting its own community to join you open up and say ā€˜hey Venus Protocolā€™ come bring your community here and letā€™s play against each other. Everyone competing will be in a position to leverage each otherā€™s communities and audience. Now we have a community eSports team for your project and you can start to capture this audience. WIth an entry fee we can pay for broadcasting, throw in a commentary or two and include a prize pool.

Benefits for crypto projects involved

• Unite Crypto Communities: Our esports events aim to bring together crypto communities, enthusiasts, and gamers from across the globe. By participating, youā€™ll have the invaluable opportunity to connect with like-minded individuals, foster powerful alliances, and build a strong presence within the crypto space.

• Amplify Brand Exposure: Take centre stage and expose your brand to a vast global audience of crypto enthusiasts, racing fans, and esports aficionados. As the event is live-streamed and promoted across various digital platforms, your project will enjoy maximum visibility and exposure, leaving a lasting impression on millions of eyes and minds.

• Community Empowerment: Imagine the thrill of your community members actively engaging in a thrilling and competitive environment. By forming a community-backed esports team, you empower your supporters, giving them a chance to showcase their skills and dedication on a global stage. This strengthens the bond between your project and its community, fostering loyalty, dedication, and a shared sense of achievement. By competing against other teams youā€™ll get all these different communities watching your team.

• Prizes and Recognition: As the engines roar and the virtual racetracks ignite with excitement, Vrtuhub esports events offer enticing prizes and well-deserved recognition for the top-performing teams. Claim victory and bask in the glory of accolades within the crypto community, cementing your projectā€™s place at the forefront of innovation and achievement.

Tech Reviews

Iā€™ve been testing a new approach, and the results are promising. Over the past 90 days, my YouTube channel has garnered over 14K organic impressions from Google searches and 18K views. These are real usersā€”potential buyers and tech enthusiasts seeking independent reviews before making purchases.

Through affiliations with Aliexpress and Goaffpo, Vrtuhub has already earned over $500 in affiliate commissions from my growing tech reviews. Notably, companies like Fifine and KingBank have sent free samples for review, indicating increasing recognition in the tech industry.

The modern tech review page features embedded videos, image slideshows, SEO optimization, and a functional contents page. Team members can represent their projects through team banners, fostering transparency and community engagement. This approach empowers community members to request equipment or tech for review, promoting their projects through written or video reviews.

By aligning projects with tech reviews, we tap into organic traffic and create marketing opportunities beneficial for both teams and the community. While not yet enabled, the review pages support full banner advert integration, allowing teams to automatically assign banner ads to their reviews, enhancing visibility and engagement.

Some of the popular review articles I have created are already top results under google searches which you can verify for yourself:

• VCHANCE AU16T review
  • Genmachine 6800h es review
  • Lexar E300 review

With plans to expand our hub with content for Music, Developers and other fields in the future.

Current challenges and purpose of this request

While the platform is operational, persuading projects to participate is a significant challenge. Many are hesitant to explore new avenues, some due to unfamiliarity or reluctance to deviate from traditional approaches. Despite my belief in Vrtuhubā€™s potential, navigating this unfamiliar territory is tough. . THis is why I see so much opportunity to truly capture this market!

Through Discord outreach I have received support and encouragement from various project admins but the lack of decision-making authority impedes progress. Offering the service for free, as advised, isnā€™t feasible given the associated expenses like prize pools and commentator fees. However, the lead I am getting is free demos, let them try it out for free, it can be a fun community thing if it doesnā€™t cost anything and if it is as good as it sounds the team will notice and can start paying for future events.

I have also had interest from some prominent projects but they await successful execution before committing. Venus Protocol, the leading lending platform on BNBChain, is already onboard and offered an initial grant of 15,000 to get us here :slight_smile:

How this benefits Livepeer

Vrtuhub is ultimately a marketing hub so this payment is used to not only do our own promotional marketing events but also promote Livepeer alongside it through these debut events!

The project line up I am working towards

• Livepeer: (You)
  • Radom: (informally confirmed)
  • Venus Protocol: (confirmed)
  • (some others that could be interested)

We will create competitive matches across a few different games where we stack the Livepeer community against another community.

For example

Event title: Livepeer Smash Karts CUP Venus Protocol

Prize Pool: 30 LPT

Teams: Livepeer Community vs Venus, 5 VS 5 Capture the flag

Broadcasted LIve with commentary on our website

The funding will be used to organise multiple events engaging the Livepeer community across various projects. These events serve to promote our services and distinctive approach while also generating awareness for Livepeer. As participation grows, I anticipate an increasing number of users signing up to our platform, but also representing team Livepeer in upcoming tournaments, fostering organic growth through word-of-mouth.

In addition to these events, discussions with Radom, a Web 3 (2.5) crypto payment gateway with a thriving developer community, are underway and show interest in competing against Livepeer. Also working to create an event against a HUGE backed provider and getting the grant approved can help with this. Livepeer vs their developer community will be a massive boost for you if I can arrange this. This competition against SAAS projects has the potential to enhance developer familiarity with Livepeer, encouraging wider adoption not only by Vrtuhub but also by other developers integrating Livepeer into their projects. Livepeerā€™s presence within the developer community is low, and Iā€™m confident that strategic esports matchmaking events can play a pivotal role in achieving this goal.

Risks

The platform is almost fully developed and already Live. The tech reviews are already going out and generating affiliate commission, the website is already highly ranked through SEO.

The grant funding will be used for promotional activities and everything is in place for these to happen. I have spent a lot of time developing and planning this. I need to bring this to market now.

Vrtuhub is a UK registered limited company.

Milestone Payments

The grant is for covering the expenses to organise these events as well as prize pool contributions.

MileStone 1 (500 Tokens), initial payment to organise the four esport events for Livepeer Vs

Milestone 2 (500 tokens) Upon successful delivery of milestone one, we can arrange further events with other projects to get more projects to sign up and come onboard and further promote ourselves and services as well as the Livepeer.

Milestone 3 - (250 Tokens ) Create a multiple round tournament spanning across multiple weekends on iRacing with a large Prize Pool. This will be together with the Venus Protocol Community and we will be inviting a huge host of projects to get onboard. Other projects will be expected to pay an entry fee to collectively have a huge prize pool which is sure to gather a lot of attention. This will be a big event, with milestone 1 and 2 leading up to this.

Benefits for Vrtuhub

Having you onboard will be a big boost for us. One of the things that comes up is ā€˜nobody is doing this, what is esports & whatā€™s the pointā€™ etc. Iā€™ve had some team members like it but project managers say no, some projects want to copy the trend and are not interested in learning about something no one is doing. Getting an initial team together will build my credibility, doing a debut event will show them there is a demand for this in Crypto, they just donā€™t know it yet. I fully expect others will want to get involved once this has started. It would be a huge accelerator for us to have more projects take on this initiative by joining us.

Thank for you reading,
I will answer any questions you may have.

Bilal Khan
Founder of Vrtuhub

2 Likes

I have new user restrictions so i canā€™t share the links or post multiple pictures but feel free to google vrtuhub youā€™ll find it :slight_smile: I encourage you to check it out and see much I have already built

1 Like

2 Likes

Hey there. Honestly man, I read it the day you posted it andā€¦ As you said this is pure marketing oriented, which is of course fine and well but it means no transcoding (or ai) demand will be created on livepeer directly as a result of this.
And as to marketing; this project may or may not increase exposure, I am not sure. And I know you got turned down before by microgrants committee. You know, I obviously canā€™t talk for anyone else, but I stongly feel you might wanna reduce the amount of Lpt you ask for here. It might increase your chances, but Iā€™m not sure.
I can see how engaged and passionate you are about this project but nothing is guaranteed of course. Good luck!

1 Like

Hi thanks, Iā€™m not sure what you mean by no transcoding demand as these events and the events that follow will be broadcasted using livepeer. The goal here is to get to a stage where multiple events are being hosted and broadcasted daily and even simultaneously that actually get watched by thousands.

By marketing I mean my project is production ready and I need funds for marketing, not development. By marketing my product livepeer also receives all that marketing because of how the project is designed. These events will be broadcasted using Livepeers infrastructure and I can see a lot of bandwidth being utilised by the viewers.

As for building a twitch competitor with 100 of thousands of streams like you may be thinking off the youā€™ll likely need an unlimited amount money and a lot of time. Point being it ainā€™t easy most that tried failed unless they have a lot of funding and time.

2 Likes

Ahh okay. Now, I get it.
You know, it could be a lot more useful if you could specify how many minutes are transcoded on the site every month as of now and how many you expect to be transcoded if this fund happens.

1 Like

Iā€™m just organising a small test event with a $200 prize pool. Joystream Community vs Smash Karts community. That already made a buzz lol

Iā€™ll get this rolled and I return with some analytics. Unfortunately the hacker plan only allows for 30 concurrent connections and Iā€™m expecting more so so will do this one on Youtube. To keep cost down I wonā€™t hire a live commentator. Will get the footage edited out and overlay commentary but that will provide me with some some data to work with and get back to you on :+1:

2 Likes

Just so you know, Iā€™m not even gonna be voting on your request. Iā€™ll leave it to my O to decide for me because heā€™d better evaluate that kind of analytics and his vote will be my vote.
Iā€™d definetely advise you to get in touch with Os and try them and get their pulse on this.

2 Likes

Awesome thank you! Iā€™ll do my best get all the information together for them and the community!

2 Likes

Hey @Isitbathtime,

Thanks for the proposal.

Is my assumption correct that communities create ā€œroomsā€ and host events on Vrtuhub? I tried creating an account and logging in but it doesnā€™t seem to detect me as verified after clicking the link in the email so I canā€™t.

The proposal is good, but seems heavily tilted towards marketing. Iā€™d like to know how many users the platform has, how many minutes transcoded on the network, how Livepeer is integrated exactly, any technical challenges/user friction the Livepeer integration has created, and whether youā€™re using VOD or just live transcoding.

On the topic of organizing an event with the Livepeer community, I have a feeling this wonā€™t go farā€¦ itā€™s very different here compared to most degen Web 3.0 communities based on my experience.

Not going ahead with this now as Iā€™m exploring other opportunities but thanks everyone for your time and attention :slight_smile: