Transcoder Campaign: 0x525 - with Telegram Bot

Hey marsha! Thanks for staking with me - and sorry for missing you on Discord, I’m getting a lot friend requests from spam bots so I tend to also miss the real ones…

Additionally to the guide that @medokin posted (thanks!), you can also check out this basic guide from Arbitrum: https://arbitrum.io/bridge-tutorial/ It shows you how to add Arbitrum to your Metamask and bridge over some ETH (you’ll need some to claim your stake on Arbitrum).
In case you’re still having problems, I’ve accepted your friend request so you can message me on Discord!

1 Like

I am USING a Coinbase wallet. I have over 2000 LPT staked with you. I can not get this moved over. Tried everything. Is there going to be a fix soon.

Problems. On a desktop I cannot get my Coinbase Wallet to switch to arbitrum. On my cell phone I can there’s a button for it on the desktop no such button to switch from Ethereum Network to anything else.

On some of the forms it says to have some Arbeth in your wallet to pay fees. But there’s nowhere to buy or convert eth into arbeth.

There is not A private key for Coinbase just a seed key so I cannot import to MetaMask.

Anything else I try there’s an error that comes up.

Everything I try does not work. Or this is above my pay grade and I have been in crypto since 2018 and would like to think I know a thing or two. Please help I am lost.

1 Like

Hey, I think there have been issues with Coinbase wallets and WalletConnect. But adam just posted this on the discord:

a fix for both WalletConnect and Coinbase Wallet support has just been deployed. Can you give the explorer a hard refresh and try again? Note that the claim functionality still only works on desktop and a fix for mobile is forthcoming. If you still have issues feel free to DM me.

I personally don’t have any experience with Coinbase Wallet, but if you can stake through it, you should also be able to bridge over some ETH via https://bridge.arbitrum.io/. Basically you deposit ETH and get Arbitrum ETH in return.
So please try again and if it still doesn’t work, join the Discord and ask the team there.

1 Like

Please help me! There is no news! Seems that I loose all my LPTs…

1 Like

The explorer was updated a few hours ago: https://explorer.livepeer.org/migrate
It should work now if you select the third option (delegators with undelegated stake). And your tokens were never lost, relax :slight_smile:

1 Like

I noticed that most of my ETH reward disappeared when I claimed my stake, how come?

1 Like

It got automatically credited to your Arbitrum wallet during the claiming process

2 Likes

Time for another update!

:confetti_ball: We hit our 3 year anniversary as an Orchestrator a few days ago :confetti_ball:

It’s crazy how fast the time flies - and how far the protocol and the 0x525 Orchestrator have come. About two years ago I’ve started with CPU transcoding (which was holding up fine for the small amount of work the protocol was getting). Now the 0x525 Orchestrator is transcoding with 7 GPUs (5x 1080, 2x 1080Ti) for EU and US through georouting. And of course I’m planning to further extend the transcoding network (more regions and more GPUs).

A big thank you to all my stakers who make this possible - and to the Livepeer team for their great work

With the Arbitrum migration, tx fees for claiming the ticket and calling the reward have come down significantly. But at the same time, operating costs and the hours I’m investing (e.g. for support, maintenance, testing) have also increased drastically :slight_smile:
Since the beginning, the goal was (and still is) to offer a reliable, high performing Orchestrator with a low reward and fee cut. With that in mind, I’ve decided to lower the fee cut from 65% to 49% while keeping the reward cut at 4%.

I believe 4% is a reasonable reward cut and lowering that even more would hardly make a difference to the individual staker. E.g. if we assume a 15% yearly LPT inflation, a 4% reward cut would result in a 14.4% staking rewards while a 2% reward cut would give you 14.7%.

In other news:

• I’ve updated the orchestrator profile to the new ENS standard. There’s also a (very minimalistic) website now: https://vires-in-numeris.org
  • I’m running my own Arbitrum node now. Since I’m also running my own geth node, this means we’re no longer dependent on third parties like Alchemy/Infura - which is the whole point of a decentralized, trustless protocol :slight_smile:

As always, thank you again for staking with me and feel free to leave any feedback or questions that you have.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for the hard work and for providing alway these great updates to all of us.
And kudos to you for being a truly and passionate advocate of decentralization! Great to hear about you running your own nodes and not relying on a centralized infrastructure :clap: :clap: :clap:

2 Likes

Quick update:

• We recently got a huge delegation of 500k+ LPT, putting our total to over 1.5M LPT staked. That’s an insane amount and I’m really grateful for the support and trust!
  • I’ve added another 1080Ti in the US region a few weeks ago, so I’m transcoding with 5x1080 and 3x1080Ti
  • We’ve earned over 14 ETH already since the Arbitrum migration :confetti_ball:

And as always, a big thank you to all my stakers/delegators!

2 Likes

Quick update since it’s been a while:

• My proposal to increase the blocks per round (to keep the status quo after the merge) passed and has been implemented :tada:
  • The delegated LPT grew to almost 1.9M. Which is just crazy, thank you all for your trust and support!
  • Regarding scaling my operations:
    • I’m actively looking for GPUs in Singapore and the new Sao Paulo region (and LA). This is not a huge priority since transcoding jobs are still rare in those regions, but I want to make sure that I’m ready once traffic picks up :slight_smile:
    • Of course I’m also keeping up with the development in the GPU market to see if better hardware becomes available for Livepeer transcoding (e.g. the new 4000 series or the Netint cards)

Thanks again to all my stakers/delegators!
And if you have any questions/feedback please feel free to reach out here or on Discord

3 Likes

Thanks so much for this update and also for having the proposal accepted.
We are here for the next decades :man_astronaut: :rocket:

1 Like

Hey all, time for another short update:

• After over 4 years as a Livepeer Orchestrator, we’re now #1 in terms of staked LPT. Thank you all so much for your support, it means a lot!
  • I’ve added the following GPUs to our setup:
    • 3x RTX 4000 in Chicago
    • 2x RTX 4000 in LA
    • Our total GPU count is now: 4x 1080, 2x 1080Ti, 5x RTX 4000. This gives us plenty of transcoding capabilities for the current and future workload
    • I’m still keeping an eye on the development of the Singapore and Sao Paulo region

Thank you again and as always, feel free to reach out here or on Discord for questions and feedback!

1 Like

Oh wow, almost a year since the last update… I need to set myself reminders to do those more regularly :sweat_smile:
But this is a big one:

Future-proofing the vires-in-numeris.eth Orchestrator!

vin_logo_250

In order to prepare for the upcoming increase in traffic and to enable AV1 transcoding capabilities, I’m happy to announce that I’ll shortly be adding two new transcoding powerhouses to the Orchestrator:

• 4x RTX 4000 Ada with 10 Gbps bandwidth in Central Europe
  • 4x RTX 4000 Ada with 5 Gbps bandwidth in New York

With 2 encoding and 2 decoding chips, AV1 capability and 20 GB of VRAM, the RTX 4000 Ada is currently one of the best cards for transcoding. Having 4 of those also requires a good amount of bandwidth under heavy load - so I’m happy that I found reliable partners that can provide that. Of course, I’m always happy add even more GPUs (and more regions) should the traffic require it.

And in other news: The vires-in-numeris.eth Orchestrater recently celebrated 5 years of operation!

A huge thank you to all my stakers - you make this possible!

8 Likes

Hi, i’m new here. Great job!!.

I have one quick question. I have some LPT in my trust wallet but when i try to delegate it shows zero balance on the delegation page. Possibly because of aribtrum. I’m not sure how to convert this ERC-20 to aribitrum so that I will be able to stake with you.

Can you please let me know the steps?
Thanks

You need to bridge from Ethereum to Arbitrum, I suggest you to use the official bridge from Arbitrum:

Also, to avoid incurring in high fees, it will be better to do the transfer during the weekend, or in any case when the gas fees are approx. around 20-25 gwei.
You can check here in real time from the gas tracker:

Also, feel free to join our new community, Live Pioneers, where we help new people come on board and becoming Delegators :slight_smile:

We started just few weeks ago and we will be happy to have you with us :pray:

2 Likes

Hi @pdiomede, Thanks for the quick reply. I was following the bridge tutorial.
Thanks for letting me know about the gas price.

It says, I need to have ETH in arbitrum one account, does that mean I need to have ETH (arbitrum) as well in my trust wallet?

It is always better to have some ETH on your account in Arbitrum (the one tied with your Trust Wallet) because anyway you will need it to delegate your LPT tokens.

But contrary to Ethereum, in Arbitrum you can just deposit $5 in ETH and that will be fine to approve countless transactions :slightly_smiling_face:

Also to send ETH to your Arbitrum wallet, I do not suggest you to bridge, but just use a central exchange, buy $10 of ETH and send directly to your Arbitrum address.

Feel free to join our new group in Telegram, we will be happy to help you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @pdiomede , Thanks for the update. I will try these over the weekend. As you mentioned the Gas fee will usually be low during weekend. That was really something.

Sorry, I do not use Telegram or Twitter but looking your group I got motivated to be on Telegram.
I will signup soon .

Thank you very much.

oh, one quick question, When you said $10 ETH on CEX, you meant ETH right? I have some in my Robinhood.
If I understand correctly, I can directly send ETH to ETH of ARB(address) in Trust?