Transcoder Campaign: 0x88 Hyper Transcoder

Guys, this is a very good article from Doug Petkanics regarding the issues of High Ethereum Gas Prices https://medium.com/livepeer-blog/livepeer-protocol-scaling-during-times-of-high-ethereum-gas-prices-f13614562d6a

As for now the gas price hit 440 GWEI for the the safe low.

As you know, 0x88 is not one of the big enough pools of delegated stake but somehow thanks to the community, we still survive :slight_smile: . As for now, to be able to pay for the rewards gas cost, the reward cut will be change from 25% to 50% to anticipate future losses.

I Wish 0x88 will still be supported by the community. Thank you

Guys, just to let you know that 0x88 representing all the delegators on 0x88 had voted “Yes” for LIP-36.

Other than that, we are still doing perfect reward claim throughout the months. I am deeply grateful for the support of the community. Thank you.

Guys… thanks you for supporting 0x88 this far. i believe that we are still doing perfect reward claim so far.

I understand that since the reward cut is raised to 75%, half of the delegators left. I am sorry for doing this… but there is a lot of things happened for the past few weeks which is tough for us. Since 0x88 is one of a small pools of delegated stake, these impact us so much.

Today, our eth balance is running low and we faced losses whenever the gas price is going above 70 gwei. Even if we raised the reward cut up to 100%, we may still faced losses if the gas price is above 150gwei… and more of the delegators will left us since there is no benefit at all to delegate their LPT ot 0x88.

So… as today 0x88 is on the verge of shutting down, and I wish if the community will still support us… and please stake your LPT to 0x88…

Deeply grateful and thank you.

Yes it’s unfortunate that the high gas costs of Ethereum would prevent someone from running infrastructure on the network. There is an LIP in progress to consider reducing the rate of reward calls from 1x/day to 1x/week, which may help. Thanks for continuing to stick with Livepeer all these years.

Though ultimately, if you are not looking to run high performance infrastructure that is also earning the ETH fees, it may be best to delegate towards a node that is, to maximize both your rewards, and fee share.

1 Like

thanks goodness :sob: i happy that Livepeer is getting attention now. Now i am covered.

hi guys… just want to update that… 0x88 is purposely skipping reward claim :sob: because of the high gas price on Ethereum blockchain right now. We keep monitoring eth gas station and will make reward call once the price is tolerable. Thank you

hi guys… just want to update… 0x88 had started to run gpu transcoding using 3090 since 2 months ago. While the main problem in Indonesia is we are not easy to find high speed isp with 100mb/s bandwidth… Right now… we are just using 50mb/s … in order to apply for higher bandwidth ~up to 300mb/s need to wait until the tower is being built near the area 0x88 lived.

Right now… 0x88 performs with 2.10 score, and 45% success rate.

I don’t know if i am able to keep up with running nodes, since more than 75% delegators had left us, leaving us with only 14k LPT delegated. However, It had been great 3 years since we ran orchestrator, i would like to thank all of the livepeer community… especially those that had delegate to us since all these years…

Thanks you.

Speed will not bring you more jobs - I am running transoders at two different places with 1Gbps and Orchestrator in a data center with 10Gbps and still get very little tasks.

I guess it’s more latency / location than speed that raises the chance to receive tasks