My name is Matteo Tambussi, I’m a musician, music producer and more recently audio tech and runner for Livepeer TV Berlin. I released 8 albums, played with different bands as opening acts for artists like Nick Cave, Underworld, Boy George, Blonde Redhead, and collaborated with Japanese stylist Yohji Yamamoto for his Berlin 2013 Fashion Show. I also had a single, Island, on BBC6 Gilles Peterson’s playlist in winter 2014/2105. That’s roughly my music record summed up.
I got into Berlin Crypto Scene in Jan 2018 thanks to Livepeer and Chris Hobcroft. This experience brought my personal understanding of Music Industry’s dynamics to a new level.
I want to create a secondary, audio-only, sister-protocol to Livepeer. I believe it could potentially help the upcoming reformation in music sharing and monetization, way beyond the centralised and uneven (revenue-wise) model has Spotify offers. In order to do so, a twin version of Livepeer could be released in the form of a DApp. It would be a down-scaled version of Livepeer protocol, for Audio streaming purposes only: music streaming, live podcasts, audio snippets, radios.
I believe down-scaling LP to audio-only could also benefit the main video-streaming project in terms of audience reach, egalitarian UX and “anchorage” to an existent, economically defined exchange model. The one for music formats (memento Napster). Specifically:
1) It needs much lower Kb/s rate and bandwidth
2) obsolescence-proof - even a 50 $ smartphone could handle the stream
3) fully interplanetary - allowing streaming and playing even from remote areas of the planet
4) tech non exclusive - more people would be willing to share audio playing
on their laptops/smartphones than to buy a webcam and the equipment for decent video streaming. Also, audio streaming allows people to do other activities in the meanwhile. it’s simply more popular.
AUDIO SISTER DAPP
I want to invest in the creation of a Dapp-like protocol running a version of Livepeer set for audio streaming purposes only. I’m not fully aware of which permissions are granted by Apple and other brands and which not, so generically I will just state that the Dapp could run both on iOS and Android, with the following features:
1) Installation of Livepeer audio protocol, creation of a 0x ETH address.
2) possibility to switch from Streamer to Transcoder mode whenever the user is not streaming, but is keen to process data for the community and get paid. Using the same ETH address.
3) embedded Livepeer Wallet where credit, tokens and gas are stored and accessed for the platform’s purposes.
4) Streaming Interface: a dashboard featuring the source of audio to be streamed (files on device, record and “eavesdropping” to whatever audio is played through the device,etc.) and a community field where people can find each others, by mean of syncing the device’s contact list, or by providing a mirror-platform where streamers can register and associate their streaming activity with certain trends, keyworks etc.
TRANSCODER (running on a stable AWS kindly provided by LP Core Team)
If you want to support the project, please bond you LPT to 0x9b1eeea5e271bf18f8ff0c91576d318b9a488051
Reward cut: 33.333%
Fee Share: 40%
Price/segment: 150 Gwei
the ETH and LPT raised by the transcoder
will be invested to create a Livepeer Audio Sister DApp.
I will personally add 0.5 ETH to a bounty aimed at creating the Livepeer audio-only Protocol
reach out at:
matteo at livepeer dot tv