Transcoder Campaign: Elite Encoder

I have several updates on what we have been working on at Elite Encoder! Plus build pics :slight_smile:

Since the last update:

• Completed the Titan Node Grant program on July 31st.
  • Obtained additional delegation from investors (THANK YOU!)
    • We appreciate you trusting us to deliver quality and growth for the network as a part of this amazing community of builders.
  • Secured our node by eliminating keys from the production boxes.
  • Acquired two NVIDIA GTX 1070 SC2 graphics cards (with ICX cooling).
  • Configured remote transcoding to enable scalability.
    • We are now operating 4 GPUs across two boxes on-site with a conservative stream limit of 7 per GPU.
  • Centralized prometheus reporting data so report queries don’t run on the nodes.
  • Acquired a block of static IP addresses for use in our “little data center”. Added network packet monitoring.
  • Installed GrayLog for Livepeer log monitoring.
    • This has helped in so many ways beyond the metrics offered by Livepeer. More on this later.

Our near-term goals are:

• Focus on quality and uptime: We had some “growing pains” over the month of July and have just recently been able to resolve by adding additional capacity. We get a lot of volume for a single node and will continue expanding our infrastructure and monitoring tools. The addition of two 1070 GPUs and log monitoring has alleviated this problem.
  • Expand the Elite Encoder network to the Eastern Europe and/or South Asian markets.
    • Explore options to launch a private transcoding pool.
    • Alternatively explore cost efficiencies of co-locating servers.
    • A new fiber line going in during September. The existing one isn’t underground and had to be spliced for the extra machine. A managed switch will be installed to help us scale more nodes, though we are pretty close to an optimal network already.
  • Contribute to Livepeer Development: Back in June I was introduced to the Go programming language while compiling Livepeer to run on NETINT cards. I have some new ideas for these cards (excluding cost constraints) that may be valuable to the network. NETINT has also promised some firmware improvements and we have yet to run these on Linux.

Finally, here are our long-promised build pictures and the new mascot for Elite Encoder:

Keep building strong! You can always find me on Discord if you have any questions or need help with a project or Orchestrator setup :sunglasses:

3 Likes