Transcoder Campaign: pon-node.com

Hi everyone,
First of all thanks for your time reading this.
I’m Paulius and based in UK. Pon-node was created in April 2022. Yes i do know it’s very new orchestrator but in 2 months span I’ve managed to created 6 orchs across multiple reagions and trying to stay on top of first page Transcoder performance page!!!
Feel free to contact me on discord or just visit my website www.pon-node.com.

Stake here:
https://explorer.livepeer.org/accounts/0xdc28f2842810d1a013ad51de174d02eaba192dc7/orchestrating
If you want to join pon-node not only by deligating your stake feel free to contact me!
707af5ba299c4e0386b6d7035c6ee4fa

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

It’s been a while since my last post and a lot has changed with Pon-node. Here are a couple of things on my mind:

Pon-node has been operational for one year now! It seems like only a couple of months since I first found Livepeer. Our website address has changed to www.pon-node.net and our new logo has gone through multiple changes, but we have gone back to the original design with a twist:

Yes, it’s still grumpy, and it will never change! We have set up multiple nodes across the globe, including London, Germany, Los Angeles, Singapore, and New York. We have plenty of capacity and are ready to scale up if we need to!

I want to say thanks to all our delegators for helping Pon to grow, and we will keep on growing!

Grumpy as usual,
Pon.

Thanks.

1 Like

Pon-node has recently embraced solar energy, thereby presenting @papa_bear with a commendable level of competition. In a commendable effort to contribute to environmental preservation!

We are thrilled to announce the successful creation of an automated bond transfer script, designed to enhance stake protection by seamlessly transferring LPT (Livepeer Token) from the main O’s wallet to a secure hardware wallet. This remarkable accomplishment would not have been possible without the invaluable assistance of @stronk , whose contributions played a pivotal role in bringing this script to fruition.

2 Likes

Hello everyone,

I trust this message finds you all in good spirits. While our presence here may have been quiet, today marks a significant turning point that I’m thrilled to share with you all.

In recent days, we’ve rolled up our sleeves and embarked on the task of revitalizing our infrastructure. I’m delighted to report that our efforts have borne fruit, with our new AI rig now operational. It’s with great pride that I announce pon-node.eth’s active participation in subnet testing, a testament to our team’s dedication and forward-thinking approach.

Attached below, you’ll find two images capturing the essence of our progress:

A visual glimpse into our new AI rig, standing as a symbol of our commitment to innovation and advancement.

|=========================================+========================+======================|
|   0  NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090        Off |   00000000:01:00.0 Off |                  Off |
|  0%   43C    P2            443W /  450W |   21703MiB /  24564MiB |    100%      Default |
|                                         |                        |                  N/A |
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------+----------------------+
|   1  NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080        Off |   00000000:0A:00.0 Off |                  N/A |
|  0%   48C    P2            308W /  320W |   14386MiB /  16376MiB |    100%      Default |
|                                         |                        |                  N/A |
+-----------------------------------------+------------------------+----------------------+

But that’s not all—here’s something to raise a smile: some GPU temperatures on full load are positively chilly!

Furthermore, I’m excited to share that pon-node.eth will be reducing its ETH fee cut to 0%. It’s a small gesture, but one that reflects our dedication to fostering a fair and accessible ecosystem and our delegators.

Looking ahead, our focus now shifts to optimizing and upgrading our transcoding machines across the globe. The choice of GPUs will include the latest 40 series GPUs or the 4000 series ADA, ensuring we remain at the forefront of efficiency and performance.

Together, let’s embrace this moment of progress and continue to push the boundaries of what’s possible.

6 Likes

Just to remind everyone Pon-node.eth is growing, expanding, upgrading and sharing all the ETH rewards with our delegators! Pon-node.eth is operating at 0 % fee cut and will stay like that!

Newest addition to our hardware is 8 GIG broadband in UK and new transcoding machine:

Case
COOLERMASTER HAF 700 EVO TOWER GAMING CASE
Processor (CPU)
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 5975WX 32 Core CPU (4.5GHz, 144MB CACHE)
Motherboard
ASUS® Pro WS WRX80E-SAGE SE WIFI II (WRX8, DDR4, PCIe 4.0, Wi-Fi 6E, Dual 10Gb Ethernet)
Memory (RAM)
128GB Corsair VENGEANCE DDR4 3600MHz (8 x 16GB)
Graphics Card
NONE, I ALREADY HAVE A GRAPHICS CARD(Model: Nvidia 4000 ada, Ports: 4)
Graphics Card Support Bracket
NONE (BRACKET INCLUDED AS STANDARD ON 4070 Ti / RX 7700 XT AND ABOVE)
1st M.2 SSD Drive
1TB CORSAIR CORE XT MP600 NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD (up to 5000 MB/R, 3500 MB/W)
DVD/BLU-RAY Drive
NOT REQUIRED
Power Supply
CORSAIR 1600W PRO SERIES™ TITANIUM AX1600i DIGITAL MODULAR PSU
Power Cable
1 x 1.5 Metre IEC C19 UK Power Cable
Processor Cooling
PCS FrostFlow 200 TR4 Series High Performance CPU Cooler
Thermal Paste
STANDARD THERMAL PASTE FOR SUFFICIENT COOLING
Sound Card
ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)
Network Card
2 x 10 GIGABIT ETHERNET PORTS
USB/Thunderbolt Options
MIN. 2 x USB 3.0 & 2 x USB 2.0 PORTS @ BACK PANEL + MIN. 2 FRONT PORTS
GPUS:
3x NVIDIA 4000 ADA

This machine will be dedicated for transcoding and maybe a little bit of AI!

5 Likes

Let me introduce it to you Pon’s big green Livepeer machine!!!

4x NVIDIA 4000 ada for best power and performance ratio!

We had the pleasure of becoming the first of the Live Pioneers series of Know Your Orchestrator articles

https://x.com/livepioneers/status/1779800465212924226

As usual, we will be striving forward trying to be the best!!!

4 Likes