Transcoder Campaign for @dob

Reward Cut Update (5/30/18)

After 28 rounds with a 0% rewardCut, I will begin to gradually update the rewardCut on this node from 0% towards approximately 10-15%. This change will take place slowly over a 2 week period, in order to give delegators a chance to react, and is starting with a 2.5% reward cut in round 990. There are two reasons for this change:

1. Encourage decentralization - because of the 0% reward cut, this node has accumulated over 30,000 LPT worth of delegated stake, or approximately 40% of the total amount. It was the best deal for delegators, who would maximize their LPT each round by choosing this node. I would like to see a more decentralized network in which many competitive transcoders are staked more proportionately. Leaving room for other transcoders to both cover their costs with a higher rewardCut, yet still remain competitive, will help to strengthen the network.
  2. Increase competition - There are a number of transcoders who are running with sub 10% rewardCuts who have been doing a great job of calling reward() every day, and participating in the protocol discussion in the forum and chat. This change should give them a chance to compete for delegation and build up a stake of LPT that is commensurate with the effort they’ve been putting in. Likewise, there are also a number of great community driven efforts keeping a higher rewardCut of 25-50%, who are being transparent about their use of the excess token they’re keeping in order to grow the community or help the Livepeer ecosystem. Removing a big attractive 0% rewardCut from the top of the transcoder list will hopefully shine more attention on all of these nodes, and encourage delegators to do their diligence prior to just selecting the first node with the lowest cut upon arriving to delegate.

Node performance update

Through the first 28 rounds, this node has had near 100% uptime, and has called reward() every day, never missing a call - resulting in maximum LPT for its delegators. I will continue to run the node responsibly, and work for the network on your behalf!

2 Likes